Srividhya V S
Srividhya V S, Consultant Pediatrician
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Dr V S Srividhya
103130152

My sun is 1 and half years old and inside on mouth red and

Customer Question

Hello, my sun is 1 and half years old and inside on mouth red and yellow spots and he can't eat ans drink properly
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: Start wirh saturaday and i was woth him on hospital but nothing change, thay give daktarin
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The doctor give antibiotic as well
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Srividhya V S replied 11 days ago.
Hello.
Welcome to just answer.
I am Dr vazsv pediatrician here to help you.I completely understand your concern and I would try my best to help you.From your description it looks like your son has an oral thrush which is a local fungal infection. The doctors have prescribed Daktarin to treat it..the medicine acts well and will start resolving the symptoms in 2 to 3 days.
You need not panic. He's not able to eat or drink due to the burning sensation in the mouth. It will settle down with the gel and he will be normal within a week.
Please make sure that you maintain good oral hygiene for him after that.
This will help in preventing in preventing such episodes again and also prevent dental caries.