How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. P. Jyoti Your Own Question
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor
Category: Paediatrics
Satisfied Customers: 13195
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency Medicine
Type Your Paediatrics Question Here...
Dr. P. Jyoti is online now

My daughter developed some blister like bumps on her wrist

Customer Question

My daughter developed some blister like bumps on her wrist that have turned into a scabby horrendous wound. It happened about a month ago on her arm and the doctor said it could be chicken pox or a bite, gave me an antibiotic cream and now it has happened again in a different area, infact its on her back, belly and wrist now and last time it was only on her arm, close to her armpit.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: They just get worse naturally as the days go by, and her health seems fine.
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She is 17 months old and in good health.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Paediatrics
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (L3G3LZ5)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (GMSG5MP)
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 11 days ago.

This is likely to be a skin infection.

It is likely to be a staph infection (Impetigo, scalded skin) or a strep infection (erysipellas).

It looks like Erysipelas.

You should approach your GP and ask about this.

This is something for which she will need oral antibiotics.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you for your assistance. I have now contacted out out of hours GP. Thank you