dr. mark
dr. mark, primary care physician
Experience:  primary care doc for 29 years
19706630

I need advice for my baby who is 4 weeks old. She has a

Hi, I need advice for my baby who is 4 weeks old.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: She has a blocked nose and is finding to difficult to breathe and has a cough, what can I do?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: This is for my 4 week old baby.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She's had this since Saturday and the blocked nose seems to have got worst.
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you. I’m sorry your baby isn’t feeling well. Give me a few minutes to respond.
A newborn who has these symptoms should see a pediatrician. I’m concerned about the cough and difficulty breathing. Normally for mild congestion we use saline nasal irrigation and a humidifier. But since you say she’s having some trouble breathing and I can’t examine her, I recommend she go to A&E for evaluation. This may be a simple problem to treat but I’m not comfortable having her treated at home without a medical evaluation.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok, thank you, ***** ***** take her to A&E
You’re welcome. Hope it’s nothing serious.