Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency Medicine
11269312

My child used vagisil wash and there are some red spot on

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: my child used vagisil wash and there are some red spot on his face now
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

What is his age?

Are the spots itchy?

Can you share a pic?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi Doctor
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
3.5 year
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (373SZ41)

Thank you, ***** ***** reviewed your pics. Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

He is having contact dermatitis from the vagisil.

He should take an anti-allergic medicine, an antihistamine. He can take Benadryl elixir for children, an OTC anti-allergic medicine. The dose is about 0.5 mg per pound of bodyweight (or 1.25 mg per kilogram). For example, a 25 lb child would get one teaspoon of liquid or one chewable tablet every four to six hours. Follow the directions on the pack.

Apply 1% Hydrocortisone ointment on the rash. Although its use is restricted in children, he can use it as he is above 2. Apply lightly twice daily and for 3 days only.

Also, apply a soothing lotion like calamine lotion, also available OTC.
This should do it. If it persists show his pediatrician.

I assume he used the vagisil accidentally?

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome.. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti