Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty)
Experience:  Many years of outpatient experience with all age groups
18722459

My 4 year old have a severe cough episodes for around 10-20

My 4 year old have a severe cough episodes for around 10-20 minutes through the night. They make her vomit and cough and gp said she has head foot and mouth. Can HFM make her cough this much?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: she had fever and ulcers in her mouths even days ago but ulcers are now retracting and cough is becoming much more severe. Everything started with fever two weeks ago.
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: even=7

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
HFM can do this but at this point she should see her doctor since she may need antibiotics

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Can these symptoms be related to Covid? Are antibiotics going to help with virus infection?

Not covid but she may have a bacterial bronchitis

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Is that something GP could confirm by taking a swab or listening to her lungs? We are on holiday for another 3 days, should we take her to GP ASAP
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Considering that the cough is persistent but her fever is very low and generally short lasting (37.5 for couple of hours and goes away on its own)

The GP can confirm that when you get back

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
What can we do to help with her cough in the meantime?

https://www.boots.com/cough-cold--1/cough-cold-cough-medicines/benylin-dry-coughs-7-5mg-5ml-syrup-10081064

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
She does have severe mucus for a last couple of days. Is this still the product that can help relax her cough?

Yes it is

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Should we give her this product as it is for adults? She is 4

It's safe for her

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
We are already giving her https://www.benylin.co.uk/products/childrens-cough-medicines/benylin-childrens-chesty-coughs
Should we stop with this and change?

Yes