How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Baker Your Own Question
Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Category: Paediatrics
Satisfied Customers: 4513
Experience:  MD
Type Your Paediatrics Question Here...
Dr Baker is online now

I would like ask about my height, Not yet, however I took

This answer was rated:

I would like ask about my height
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Not yet, however I took roaccutane and I fear that it may have stunted my growth
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I took roaccutane and a side effect is stunting growth

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

What is your question please?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is there a possibility of me growing, I’m 18 turning 19 next month
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello? Anyone there ?

Most growth is completed by the time we turn 18 so I do not think so sorry

I cannot take a phone call at this time

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I hear that us boys don’t stop developing till 21
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is there a chance I could see a paediatrician in real life and he could see if my growth plates have closed?

I would doubt that sorry

You are an adult and a paediatrician is for a child

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Who would I need to see? To get this checked

What is your height?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Am X-ray is used to look at growth plates and these tend to fuse about age 16

You would need to see an orthopaedic surgeon as you are asking about growth of your long bones

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Could it possible that I stunted my height by taking roaccutane?

Roaccutane is not thought to be a drug that could do this, and certainly not contraindicated in those with a shorter stature.

Please feel free to ask anything else but I will now respond in the morning

Dr Baker and other Paediatrics Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It is a side effect though, but thank you Dr Baker. I really appreciate the help & advise

No problem. Take care