Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency Medicine
11269312

My baby is 2 weeks and she’s constipated, no no medication

Hi, my baby is 2 weeks and she’s constipated
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no no medication taken yet
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She is only taking formula

Hello, my name is***** I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

I am reviewing your question and will be back with my response shortly. Please bear with me if you have to wait a few minutes as I may be busy with references for your question or sometimes with other customers.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

Constipation is common in babies, specially when formula fed.

You need not worry about this, you also do not need to take any aggressive measures.

Some simple tips are:
Check the baby formula carefully to see that you are not giving it in a more concentrated form.
Massage the stomach with a warm hand in circular motion.
Exercise the baby's legs by moving them in a cyclical motion, this will help to strengthen the abdominal muscles.
Put the baby in a squatting position during the BM.
You can use Karo water after discussing with her doctor as per your doctor's advise.
This will be sufficient, you need not take any more aggressive measures than this for something which is likely to resolve soon anyway.
Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti