Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz, GP
Experience:  GP training at St helens and knowsely trust (Acute Worcestershire Hospital Trust, Ul
108331350

My 3 year old swallowed one sip of hair oil just under an

Customer Question

My 3 year old swallowed one sip of hair oil just under an hour ago, in the dark mistaking it for water. I’m not sure what the oil contains because there’s no label on it. She seems absolutely fine though, I’ve been monitoring her since and she’s playing with her toys and being very talkative as usual. What advice do you give?
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Khizra Naz replied 11 days ago.

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you.

I am sorry that you are going through this.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Nice to meet you.

Just observe, nothing to worry about. If she is fine, well and good. Any rashes, difficulty in breathing, straight to A&E.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Normally she would be sleeping now, as the time is 1:30am, I brought her downstairs to play so I can observe her. It’s been around an hour. Should I keep her awake longer to observe or do you think it’s fine for her to sleep?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It’s hard to observe when we’re all sleeping.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.

It's fine to let her sleep.