KemalG
KemalG,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

I've heard alot of women say they lost hair from pregnancy.

I've heard alot of women say they lost hair from pregnancy. Is this true and a common symptom? Does in mean there is a high chance a woman's hair gets thinner from having a baby?

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

It is not common for women to lose their hair during pregnancy.

Some women can have iron deficiency and/or anaemia during pregnancy and this can cause mild hair loss but this is only temporary and may not be noticeable. 

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I assumed it may have also been because apperently hair growth increases during pregnancy? And that it may be that hair falling out?

That could be possible. Some women can actually find their hair looking/feeling thicker and not thinner during pregnancy.

Overall, most women do not see any major changes in their hair and not much hair loss.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
OK that's a relief. Perhaps the women who told me that had other deficiencies. Thank you

Yes, that could be possible.

You will be monitored throughout the pregnancy anyway for any issues.