How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Category: Paediatrics
Satisfied Customers: 63465
Experience:  MBBS, MS, Fellowship in sports medicine. Deals with general pediatric surgical disorders.
Type Your Paediatrics Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now

My child’s penis is red and inflamed, No, He is 4 years old

Customer Question

Hi my child’s penis is red and inflamed
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He is 4 years old boy turning 5, inflammation possibly due to not wearing underwear during the day… I have taken a photo which I can share
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 15 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

Answers here are for education and information.

I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 15 days ago.

Please post a picture.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (2TZ74L2)
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 15 days ago.

Was there an injury?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi is it easier to call? Can you send the invite again? Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 15 days ago.

It seems the phone premium service is not going.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 15 days ago.

Warm moist compresses may help.

You may apply Hydrocortisone cream 1% which is available without a prescription.

But he needs an urgent evaluation by your primary care physician or pediatrician.

There can be an injury also as swelling is significant. An ultrasound may be needed.

You may go to A&E or a walk-in clinic;

You may contact;

Walk-in clinic/urgent care

I hope your son's symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need more information.
Thanks for using JustAnswer.