Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

My newborn baby can't make poo she is just 3 weeks old also

My newborn baby can't make poo she is just 3 weeks old also she crying and the time we see she pain
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Every day we have the problem we worry not sure is from milk cow gate maybe we can change milk any advice please
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: How long we need wait?

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

I am sorry to hear. When did they open their bowels last?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
4 days ago

It appears someone else has accepted your call request.

It is common in those not breast feeding to get constipation. A change in the formula can sometimes help, but I would suggest if they are becoming more distressed that they are reviewed and weighed more frequently given their age and that constipation can impact the amount of feed they take as well.

Medication can be used, laxatives can help settle things, but the problem will persist, therefore a review of the formula would be helpful.