Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty)
Experience:  Fellow of College of Physicians and Surgeons in ENT. wide experience of dealing Paedriatic ENT prob
28983357

I'm seeking advice on chest colds that linger, please, No

Customer Question

Good evening I'm seeking advice on chest colds that linger, please
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: No fever Just a cold for 4 months now Baby is 7 months
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Whats the cost for this service?
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: Will I see the cost before the answer?
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

What are the symptoms that the baby has?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Running nose of and on and a chesty cough off on
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

What have you tried so far?

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

The call only works if you allow your bank to release the payment.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

What have you tried so far?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok try calling now
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

You have to send a calling request.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Do I do that?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

I guess it will not work. I just need to know which treatment you have given to him so far?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Nasal sprays
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Vapour rub
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It's a baby girl
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Camphor oil
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

Which nasal sprays?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Every doctor says the cold will go away eventually but she's now 7 months and has had the cold since 3 months
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Different brand saline sprays
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

Thanks a lot for your patience and I appreciate it. Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take a few minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific questions, please let me know.

If you want a phone call, I am available to call you. We can stay in the chat as well. Regards

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
sterimar
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I would appreciate a phone call thanks
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

Respected customer, thanks a lot for your input, and thanks again for visiting justanswer.com! A great place where you can find guidance and/or solution from real experts. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Even I would get tense in this situation because I am also a parent. Actually, I would prefer to call it allergy rather than cold. Allergies are common at this age and I would suggest that you should request the doctor to give betamethasone drops, 1 drop daily for 1 month and she is going to be alright. Generally, we recommend it after 1 year but I have used it for 7 months and have never seen any issue. Lastly, I would like to share a home remedy. Take 250 ml of honey, and add one tablespoon each of ginger extract, and black pepper. Make a solution and give half a teaspoon twice daily. It might take 7 days or more but will help him. The same remedy helped my son at this age. I reassure you in the same way as I would have assured some of my family members that there is nothing serious behind this so please don't stress yourself.

This is my initial answer so feel free to ask more as nothing is more important for me than your health and satisfaction.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
About two weeks after she was born I noticed she was stuffy but there was no running snot just always congested. Every doctor visit I have been told that it would go away on its own and perhaps those symptoms exist because she's a winter baby
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Wouldnt the ginger and black pepper be too harsh for her at 7 months?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

They are all-natural so they are not going to be harsh.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thanks much
I appreciate your input and recommendations
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The mixture I would give it on its own or mix it with her formula?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

No just give it separately. 

You are most welcome. Is there anything else that you want to ask?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is it worth doing a food intolerance test? I was wondering if perhaps it might be an intolerance to cow's milk
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

There is no need for that.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thanks much
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Much appreciated
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I will try the remedies
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

Lots of best wishes and prayers for her good health dear, respected, and valued customer. Your satisfaction is my prime goal. I hope we have discussed everything that you wanted? Thank you for choosing justanswer.com. Have a good day. "I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page by typing @ followed by my name in your next chat."  Regards

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks. Much appreciated. Take care
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

:)