KemalG
KemalG,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

It’s about my 8 year old son he does huge poos and says he

It’s about my 8 year old son he does huge poos and says he can’t feel when he needs to poo
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: we did before when he said it was to sore to go and we got it back on track but now it’s started again but he’s not constipated he just can’t feel any signs that he needs to poo No medications
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: theres no pain this time he goes and sits on the toilet just to see if he needs a poo but when he goes they block the toilet
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no he’s healthy other wise

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please ask if your son has any other medical conditions or allergies, or take medications?

Is there any bleeding from anywhere, pain anywhere at all, mucus in his stools, straining, faecal incontinence, vomiting, fever, urine issues, etc?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi nice to meet you. He doesn’t have any other conditions and is only allergic to brownies
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No bleeding or mucus no vomiting fever or urine or anything else

So has he had any accidents since he can't feel he needs to poo?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Nope no serious accident

So, other than this feeling he doesn't have any other symptoms; is that correct?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It literally looks like a huge huge sausage
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Correct. But it’s the fact he’s getting no signals that’s worries me
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
he says they don’t hurt when they come out and each time they block the toilet to the point we have to break them up (sorry to be so graphic)

It is unlikely that he has any sinister or serious underlying cause for this. However, you should see his GP for a routine assessment and physical examination.

Having large poo can be normal but not having a feeling is not that normal and this may need to be further assessed.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok I will book in with his gp

Wishing him all the best!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you x

You are most welcome.