Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz, GP
Experience:  GP training at St helens and knowsely trust (Acute Worcestershire Hospital Trust, Ul
108331350

I have a baby, him have one month and 3 weeks. After 2 weeks

Customer Question

Hello. I have a baby, him have one month and 3 weeks. After 2 weeks from birth him start have problems with the constipation and the reflux. The first 2 weeks before start having this problems him was breastfeeding after that I give him formula because I didn’t have anymore milk. Him is vomiting a lot after Is eating and between 2/3 hours for the next breast. Also him have problems with the colic’s.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes but they don’t tell me so much just everything is alright but I don’t think because I see him how have problems with the belly and is trying make a poo but him can’t and when is making is hard. The go give him lactulose 2.5 ml twice per day but is not helping him
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the first time I give him aptamil after that the health visitor tell me try to change the formula, I changed I give him cow&gate but we still have problems with the reflux and constipation after that aptamil advanced I spoke again and again try to change the formula I changed on Kendamil, the same problem and now is on aptamil comfort but we still have problems. Also sometimes when him is eating I heard how his stomach make some noises, sometimes is crying when is eating or pushing the bottle from the mouth. I give him infacol for the colic’s
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: Him have this problem from 2 weeks after was born. Him is vomiting after every time was eating and between the 2/3 hours for the next eat
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Khizra Naz replied 14 days ago.

This is Dr. Naz.

I have over 10 years of experience.

I’d be happy to assist you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service.

Please ignore if you do not want a phone call. We can continue our discussion over the chat.

I am offering information only and do not intend to establish, nor should my response be taken as establishing a doctor-patient relationship.

I'm sorry you are having this issue. I will do my best to help you.

I’d love to understand more about the situation. Please allow me to be of assistance.

I appreciate you taking the time to ask your question.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sure, thank you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
We can continue here

Is he on any hydrolysed formula at the moment?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What do you mean by hydrolysed ?

There are babies who have cow protein milk allergy and suffer with these kind of problems.

In those cases hydrolysed formula with decreased protein is used and manage all the conditions.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
is possible him have cow protein milk allergy? How can I found if him have this problem with the allergy, what test I need make to him ?

It's assessed clinically and usually there are no tests needed.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok, because I was with him to the hospital and go but they told me everything is fine but is not because him still have this problem and I feel him is not well. So I can change the formula with an hypoallergenic formula (hydrolysed) ?

Yes, you should.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What type of formula is better ? For example aptamil, sma, which one ?

SMA/aptamil hypoallergenic both are good.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok thank you. Tomorrow I will change the formula

Great

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
about the reflux what can I do ?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Or is normal ?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
if I seen the new is not helping him what can I do ?

Gaviscon or omeprazole through GP would help

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok thank you. If I will have another question I will come back

As you asked, for future questions, you can reach me directly with "A question for Dr. Naz or through my Just Answer direct link mentioned below here;

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-naz/