Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

My girl vomited 1 week ago even water if she drink she was

Customer Question

Hi my girl vomited 1 week ago even water if she drink she was vomiting but only for 1 day and after 2- 3 day she had a little diarrhoea and than she was fine and tonight after she eat some blackberry and basta she just vomit a little bit what do you think is it just a normal viral infection or do I need to take her to do some blood test or se a doctor
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 8 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question. Thank you very much for your trust in just answer

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

How old is she?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
4
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Years old

How long does she have this?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Only last Sunday and it was OK after that and today just a little vomit
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What do you think?

please give me a moment

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Has she had a fever?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 7 days ago.

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to attend you today, I want to tell you that you have nothing to worry about, a single vomit for a week is not a sign of alarm or a warning of which you have to worry, also if you have not had general malaise, decline in general condition, fever or any sign or symptoms of decompensation due to dehydration you have nothing to worry about, It is likely that there is some type of food that does not agree with him or a reaction to some kind of substance or seasoning in the food that he does not like, a single episode of vomiting is not an indication to start treatment with antiemetics such as metoclopramide, in any case when there are recurrent episodes at least 5, 7 or 10 episodes of vomiting in one day the situation changes but in this case you have nothing to worry about, the recommendation is to maintain abundant hydration preferably with oral rehydration salts which come in sachets and are of multiple flavors you can dilute one sachet in a liter of drinking water and give him a glass of this solution every 8 hours, with these recommendations the situation should improve, however, I would like you to keep me updated on the condition of your daughter, I will be happy to assist you and guide you in everything I can, I will be attentive to any additional questions about it.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you so much

You are welcome dear