KemalG
KemalG,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

Vomiting and throat pain after, No fever, No

Vomiting and throat pain after
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: No fever
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please ask your age and if you have any other medical conditions or allergies, or take medications?

How long have you had those symptoms? Any pain anywhere else, cough, breathing issues, bleeding, rash, difficulty eating/drinking, etc?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am asking on behalf of my son who is 5 years old.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No allergy or any medication

Does he have any of the other symptoms I mentioned above?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
We came to bournemouth on Sunday on way here he vomited and then was fine. Monday no problem. Yesterday had watert poo for a bit and then today vomit in the morning
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
He can't seem to eat but is fine drinking water.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
He says his throat hurts and then he vomits
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
He has no energy while usually he is very energetic boy

The most common cause of vomiting and diarrhoea/soft stools is viral gastroenteritis (tummy bug) and this is self limiting meaning that it will settle down on its own. There is no specific treatment for this. You should avoid giving him heavy diet and have light diet for now such as soup and dry toast. He should have fluids in small amounts and more often. You can also give paracetamol for any pain/cramps/aches. You can try over the counter Dioralyte which is oral rehydration fluid which can help but again he should have this in small amounts and more often.

You must avoid taking ibuprofen or similar medications as they can upset your stomach.

Vomiting normally last about 24 hours but diarrhoea can last up to 7 days unfortunately.

If he gets severe abdominal pain, dizziness, or become unwell, you should call 111 or take him to A+E for more urgent assessment.