KemalG
KemalG,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

My 4 year old has a large red rash/scab on his torso that's

Hi. My 4 year old has a large red rash/scab on his torso that's weeping..

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please ask how long he has had this lesion?

Is there any pain, bleeding, discharge, fever, vomiting or other symptoms? 

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
He's just had chickenpox and is now recovered apart from the small leftover scabs..

And do you know what has caused/trigger this lesion?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
there is pus coming from it... thing is, I've noticed another 3 or 4 of his old chickenpox scabs start to open and go red around them aswell... we took him to the hospital yesterday... they are treating it the same as a burn..

This lesion looks quite severe and possibly infected. I don't think topical creams or remedies will clear this lesion.

So, I suggest you contact his GP for closer assessment because he will need oral antibiotics plus wound care by a nurse.

There is risk of further deterioration and infection, so you should call his GP now so that he can get the right treatment as soon as possible.

I do not recommend putting anything or dressing on this wound for now.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
They dressed it at the hospital yesterday...

He needs proper wound care by a nurse so you should speak to his practice for a nurse assessment and follow her advice.

You can ignore phone call requests as I did not ask for one.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
OK. I don't believe wound care is appropriate as it seems to be spreading to other sites on his back..
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Do you have any pointers as to what it is?

From what you have said and from the picture, it is most likely infected chickenpox spot but it is quite severe and requires oral antibiotics.

Chickenpox spots can get infected sometimes but I have not seen a severe one like this.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
That wouldn't happen to numerous ones though would it?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Is there anything else it could be?

No, not necessarily. Only one spot can get infected and it doesn't mean other will do the same.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I can see 3 or 4 becoming red today

From the picture, it looks like infected wound.

If he has scratched it a lot, that could have introduced the infection.

If there are others becoming red, then he will need antibiotics as soon as possible to prevent that.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
He has an irregular heartbeat now... please help.
If he has irregular heartbeat and/or not well, you should either call 111 or take him to A+E for further assessment.