james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I am 61 years old. I applied for my State Pension, but it

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am 61 years old. I applied for my State Pension , but it has been refused, although I have 18 years of full contributions.
JA: What is your retirement age?
Customer: according to them is 66.
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Pensions
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 5 days ago.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi, I continue waiting for an answer. Thanks .
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 2 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Go ahead please
Expert:  james bruce replied 1 day ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
The state retirement age for women changed between 2010-2018 increasing to 65. Then there are increases for both women and men to 66, 67 and 68.

If you can tell your date of birth I can then confirm your state retirement age.

Expert:  james bruce replied 1 day ago.

The attached link will allow you to enter your date of birth and then find the exact day you will be eligible to claim your state pension.

https://www.gov.uk/state-pension-age/y/age

Expert:  james bruce replied 1 day ago.

Hello, I am just following up on your enquiry to see if I can assist further. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.