Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

just had the "anti pollution fault" come up on my peugeot 206

just had the "anti pollution fault" come up on my peugeot 206 gti 180, not suffering juddering or loss of power??

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

What mileage does the car have on it?

What if any recent work has been done on the car?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

mileage is 046284

only thing done was a back box replacement, cars been pretty good, due an oil/filter change.

Hi..there..thanks for getting back..

Ok..The most likely issue could be a sensor issue - lambda sensor or catalytic converter fault as these basically control the emissions side,cat converters arent unknown for going on these 206's..the only way to further investigate that or least check up what the emissions are is to get an emissions test done on the car and see if that shows up any issues in regards XXXXX XXXXX of these..I see you dsay you had a service done on the car in regards XXXXX XXXXX oil/filter change so it maybe worth checking the actual air filter just to be sure its not clogged/restricted..also too the rest of the exhaust system especially around before the pipe enters the cat converter for any obvious issues.holes,slight blowing etc...The only other step forward you have in regards XXXXX XXXXX above fualt would be to have the vehicle hooked upto a suitable diagnostic machine to retrive any fualt codes or stored within the cars ECU..This should further help or pin point more accurately where the "actual" fualt is on the vehicle rather than replace parts via guess work at expense..like mentioned before this fualt can cover a wide area of possible fualts wether it be a fueling/ignition problem/air,emmisions fualt ie: fault O2 sensor or cat converter,or engine sensor(s)...one thing you could try first is botle of fuel injector cleaner.in to the fuel tank and then take the car for a good blast on the motorway and ses if that helps...if not then least you know as above which step you need to take next im afraid..i do hope this helps