Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

my antipollution light flashes on and the emission control

my antipollution light flashes on and the emission control warning light stays on.

Also the engine is very sluggish

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Has anything been done/checked already or replaced so far to solve the issue?

What sort of mileage does it have and what if any recent repair history?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No nothing has been done with regards XXXXX XXXXX fault,it only started when I returned from putting petrol in my vehicle.

It has 95000 on the clock and only time it has been to the garage was to be serviced and mot about 6 months ago

Hi..there

Ok..its not at all unusual for these warnings to come up on these cars and these sort of warnings can cover a huge area of possible faults so it would be a little hard at this stage to pin point it to specific area at this time - however usually as and when these do appear - the next stage or step would be best to know or have an idea what the fault codes are that the ECU has picked up on - as there should be stored codes there and will give you a better understanding as to what needing checked/replaced. It would also verify the fualt more accuretly. the most common being faults ie: ignition system failure/air intake or fuelling issue blocked filter, throttle body issue or the most common failed lambda sensor or catalytic converter...However as above rather than just replace parts that may or don't require replacement. further verification can be done on the diagnostic machine "if the machine has this capability" running live data checks or an emissions test to see if anything picked up there .I do hope this helps