Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289
Peugeot

Hi, Please can you tell me how I top up the gearbox oil pl

ease

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

What Peugeot - Make / Engine / Year - do you have?

Is this an Auto or Manual box?

Any particular reason as to why you require to top up?

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Peugeot 206 GLX 51 plate, manual.

Garage told me to take the car back to them and they would top the oil up in the Gear box

Hi..there thanks for your responce..

Ok..Unless you have leak on the gearbox itself seal wise or you've had work done on the gearbox - a drive shaft removed - or removed for doing a clutch for example where you would normally need to top up - if none of these have been done or no leaks are seen then the gearbox shouldnt need "topped up" really - ive include a diagram below as well as the oil type and the amount the box holds and the fill points on the 206 of that year - you need a special oil delivery pump usually to fill the box via the fill points detailed..I do hope this helps