How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask sean Your Own Question
sean, Car and LCV technician
Category: Peugeot
Satisfied Customers: 3105
Experience:  Technician for 30 years.
Type Your Peugeot Question Here...
sean is online now

We have a french peugeot boxer van that we are importing as

This answer was rated:

We have a french peugeot boxer van that we are importing as we are returning to live in UK. Is there a switch on the headlights for changing direction or do I have to fit new headlights. Also how do you know if I can put an overlay on the speedo or do I have to fit a speedo showing mph and kph.

Hello, I hope the following assists you. The headlights must be replaced with right hand drive lamps, any lights that have a lever (only usually HID) only blank the kick up of the beam so are not a permanent fix and are only for temporary continental driving, masks and beam converters aren't allowed the lights must be changed. You can use an overlay on the speedometer if one is available but it must be visible in darkness as the normal KMH speedometer would be. Don't forget the rear fog lamp will need to be changed if the van doesn't have one on the right of the center line of the van. A good guide is I hope this helps but if I can assist further let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to. Best wishes, Sean.

sean and other Peugeot Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for confirming that. I wasn't sure as I had been told there was a lever. The thing we really weren't sure about was the overlay and whether that would be acceptable.

We had remembered about the fog lamp tho.

We thought all we had to do was go into the local dealership but I think I knew more than they did.

Thanks again

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Aleady rated the question and answer - very good service.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks have it all sorted now. I have left a rating for you already.


It was good to have you confirm what I already thought.


You can use an overlay for the speedo but it needs to be fitted by specialist as you need to have a letter from them on headed notepaper clearly stating all that has been done. The headlights/fog light are the same- You need documentation clearly stating all the steps taken to ensure UK specification.

Our van was made tor the european market so as no certificate of conformity we needed to obtain a commission notice letter from Peugeot. This is then sent to the Vehicle Certification agency together with the original registration document, the original letters from the garages/installers ( oh and the fee) who then give you a Mutual Recognition Certificate.

Nearly there, when you get that back you complete the form for the DVLA and send it with this certificate, original MOT (done on VIN no) and insurance and another fee ,and hopefully all going well, we then get a registration number.


Hope thats of help to someone else.