mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 407 2l sv and the headlights flicker when the engine

I have a 407 2l sv and the headlights flicker when the engine is idel . if you rev the engine it stops. it is only the head light flicker. no other lights .
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
What is the voltage that the battery and alternator are putting out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alternator was fluctuating between 31-34v and the rac chap said the battery was fine but didn't tell me the voltage

That is to high for the alternator, the alternator is overcharging and will cause the issue that you are having.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What do I need to do to rectify this

Because the alternator is overcharging it will need to be replaced.