Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a particular question regarding tyres on my Peugeot

Customer Question

Hi,I have a particular question regarding tyres on my Peugeot 508 Allure 2.0 Hdi you may be able to help me with.I have bought 2 new tyres which are XL (I.e. extra load). I have fitted these to the rear. Normally, the pressure should be 35 psi for rear tyres.Now that I am using XL tyres in the rear of the car, what should the tyre pressure (in psi) be?Many thanks for your help in advance.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi..there..

XL tyres only have stiffer side walls..you can still run these within the manufacturer spec or 35psi all round.if the cars unladen then it would make sense to keep them at that,for even wear and ride quality..if the car is being used to carry heavy load then you would up it to max 40psi..and all adjustments must be made on cold tyres..never adjust tyres when they are warm..hope this helps

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Many thanks for your help.
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

No problem..glad to help....

If you could leave a rating for me it would be much appreciated , thank you