350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
12772297

My Peugeot boxer 2012 odometer keeps flashing how do I reset

Customer Question

Hi My Peugeot boxer 2012 odometer keeps flashing how do I reset it
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  350matt replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

this sounds like BSI ( body systems Interface) required a reset

The software that controls the operation of these systems can become corrupted if the battery has been replaced and the “BSI” has not gone to sleep before disconnection of old battery or been woken up after reconnection of new battery or sometimes for no good reason at all!

Think of it as running your laptop on the battery and then removing the battery without shutting it down.

not a good idea.

The system can be rebooted if a problem has occured so all is not lost.

Follow this procedure for the reset (reboot).

• Have the drivers window fully open.
  • Open the bonnet and make sure all equipment is switched off including interior light.
  • Close all doors and remove key from the ignition.
  • Wait 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery then wait 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the vehicle battery and wait a further 10 seconds.
  • Switch on the side lights through the driver’s window.
  • Switch on the ignition DO NOT start the engine at this point.
  • Hold the lock button on the key down for 10 seconds while key is still in the ignition.
  • Switch off ignition and remove key open & close door to test central locking system.
  • Start the engine.

This is how to reset the BS.I It is worth doing if you have problems with lights,wipers,radio,central locking,starting etc as it only takes a few minutes and can save you ££

Expert:  350matt replied 4 months ago.

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi MattTried this reset three times and still flashing
Any other ideas ?
Expert:  350matt replied 4 months ago.

Ok

in that case check the condition of the connections to the engine bay fusebox as they are prone to corrosion and this can also give this fault

they can sometimes be recovered by disconnecting everything and cleaning the contacts but often a new fusebox is required I'm afraid

also check the condition of the main earth connections to the chassis for corrosion as again this can give issues

and also if the battery is weak ( how old is it?) then this too can give issues

Expert:  350matt replied 3 months ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt