Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK

My emission light has been on for a while. Recently had MOT

Customer Question

My emission light has been on for a while. Recently had MOT which passed. Drives ok. Does it just need re setting
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

One thing that should be done is to have the car scanned to see exactly what fault codes are logged..if its old codes or codes from a previous repair thats been dealt with. then it would be as you say simply finding someone with a scan tool to go in. scan the vehicle and erase the codes..then retest again to ensure it doesnt come back on or log the same codes again..but ideally you'd want to see what codes you have currently..and then take it from there or as above erase and retest..hope this helps

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

No problem..hope that helps you out..if you could leave a rating for me it would be much appreciated..thank you