350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years

Neither the key fob nor door key will open my locked Peugeot

Neither the key fob nor door key will open my locked Peugeot 407 saloon. How am I able to access the bonnet release ?

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

This sounds to me like the battery is flat - probably due to the open boot leaving the boot light on.

A flat battery means you can't get the deadlock or alarm system to release its grip

I'd start by charging the battery you should be able to do this via the cigarette lighter / accessory socket. You'll need the appropriate attachment for your charger but car accessory shops sell these- Alternatively if you can't get into the car/ boot the other way to do this is jack the car up so you can get under the front.

Locate the starter motor and the large power cable that runs to it - connect the positive battery charger lead to this terminal

then connect the charger negative lead to the metal of the engine block

This should complete the charging circuit and get some power into the battery allowing you into the car

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt