350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
12772297

Just bought a Peugeot rcz 2012 diesel. It is pouring smoke

Customer Question

Just bought a Peugeot rcz 2012 diesel. It is pouring white smoke from exhaust which smells strongly of fuel. Have had injectors checked and all ok..
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Peugeot
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When will I receive an answer..???
Customer: replied 1 month ago.

You have been unable to answer my question. I respectfully ***** ***** refund of my £20.00 paid ASAP. Regards **** ******

Expert:  350matt replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question.

Sorry for the extended wait time you've experienced, many experts on here are not always on line and if your question looks unusual then people may leave it for someone else with greater expierence and it then tends to slip down the list
I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If you are confident that the injectors aren't sticking then I'd say that this sounds like and stuck open EGR ( exhaust gas re circulation valve )

so check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance and allow fuel into the exhaust.

Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it.

Expert:  350matt replied 1 month ago.

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Expert:  350matt replied 1 month ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt