Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My Peugeot 206 SW has just started showing an "Anti

Customer Question

Hi ***** 206 SW has just started showing an "Anti Pollution Fault" when I start the car. It goes out after a few seconds - is this a problem?
Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes and Yes
Assistant: What year is your 207?
Customer: 2003
Assistant: Are you fixing your 207 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have no idea how to fix it - I have tried nothing
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

This indicates that the engine computer has detected a fault with one of the emissions exhaust components.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.This needs checked soon as this can limit the engine performance.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete