Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

My peugeot 107 wont start it turns over but will not fire up

Customer Question

my peugeot 107 wont start it turns over but will not fire up could it be that something has gone wrong when i have changed the casing on the key fob
Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: steering wheel turns key is fine only changed worn out casing
Assistant: What year is your 207?
Customer: its a 107 and its a 2006
Assistant: Are you fixing your 207 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried resetting the key and also disconnected the car battery and then reconnected
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for the delay to respond.
Dear customer, It looks like a problem with the inmobilizer but first Please tell me,
when you try to turn on your car, does all the indicators lights turn on as usual? the car present any uncommon noise?
does the clock show an indicater with the form of a key?