sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I think i may have an ECU problem on my 2007 407SW Peugeot.

Customer Question

Hi, i think i may have an ECU problem on my 2007 407SW Peugeot. I currently have cold start, coolant error and an emission error message on my dashboard. I am not sure if it s worth getting this fixed. Was planning on speaking to a mechanic tomorrow, but thought i would ask here first on whether this is a big or small job.
Category: Peugeot
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Forgot to add when the cooler light comes and i then get the stop light, after 1 minute on the car goes into limp mode. When i had the scan done the guy said the engine was fine, but the sensor appeared to be the error.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, these problems are common in peugeots cars, when the sensor is defective, the problems with the emission light in cold happen, normally occurs when the car turns on, the coolant pass a bit to the chamber or its just that the exhaust has stored liquids due to the condensation, this could trigger a bad read in the exhaust system and turns on the indicator. But once the car is turned on and the engine’stemperature gets high, the waste is burned and the light turns off. But it is not something to bad, you have to not be worried.

Is there anything else I could do for you?
my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 months ago.

Hello Dear customer, I hope you are ok.
I would like to know if your problem was sorted out.
If you need more help, please let me know. My goal is to give you the best service i can.
I also would like to remind you to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform.
Thank you very much,
Regards, Sebastian.

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok. did you solve your problem? or is there anything else i could help you? thanks.
Thank you very much,
Regards, Sebastian