350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
12772297

Shows anti pollution fault loss of power Assistant: What is

shows anti pollution fault loss of power
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: 206 sport year 2005 1.4 16v
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. did head gasket, all fuel injectors camshaft sensor spark plugs,
Assistant: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?
Customer: no. dont know how to check
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I replaced ignition coil as well. engine starts but dont get power or goes over 1.5 rpm

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

ideally the next step would be to plug in a scan tool to pull off what ever fault codes are lodged in the system

but with the 'anti-pollution' fault then its likely to be an issue with the Oxygen sensor in the exhaust

So it would be worth disconnecting that sensor and checking the sensor wire and connector for damage / corrosion and you may have to replace that sensor

if when you get the fault code read off and its a P0420 (low cataylst efficency) then before replacing the cat with new then

try a bottle of this 1st

http://www.cataclean.com/

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
After half an hour driving "anti pollution fault " disappeared by it self. I have no diagnosis reader by myself. Had been two times in the garage they told me different possibilities. Maybe after changing the head gasket and fuel injectors it just needed to run for a while to clean itself.
Siegfried

OK its possible that the O2 sensor was clogged up or coated ? So a good long drive to get some heat into it may have done the trick

might still be worth getting a scan tool plugged in at some point though