sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Have a Peugeot2L. Car would start then dies within 10-15

Customer Question

Have a Peugeot(###) ###-####2L . Car would start then dies within 10-15 secs. Won't start again for a couple of hours. Then same thing again.
Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: The negative terminals was loose, just replaced it, so all good with the battery. Checked electrical supply at fuel pump. Getting 12v.
Assistant: Are you fixing your 307 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes... 306 actually. New fuel pump, new fuel filter.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It almost like there's insufficient pressure in the fuel system. But we disconnected the fuel filter and started the car and fuel is at least flowing past the filter.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.
Dear customer, i would like to know certain things.
mileage of your car, have you scanned your car? and have you checked the fuel pressure with a pressure gauge?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it has 185000km on the clock. We have not scanned the car. Our OBD tool does not appear to be compatible. As far as fuel pressure, we are lacking a pressure gauge in our tool kit so cannot fully ascertain pressure. However we have a) disconnected the fuel line at both ends of the fuel filter and fuel is flowing when we start the ignition. Both fuel pumps and filter are new.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is a fuel return a valve at the end of the fuel rail. We have also disconnected at that point and fuel is coming through.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What has me stumped is that there is no fuel coming out of the fuel return line back at the pump end...

Dear customer, it is normal to get fuel to the rail as usual, that's fine and it can happen, but the problem is that the pressure needs to be enough to the injector to pulverize the gasoline for the cylinder. This can cause two problems that does not let the ignition, one that do not get enough fuel through the injector and another that the pressure is so low that the injector does not pulverize causing the passage of gasoline to be full flooding the cylinder, but this can not only happen by the fuel pump, this can happen because of a defective controller, too, if the computer is not working correctly it cuts the signal or the regulation too.
We should not focus the problem only on the fuel.
You may be experiencing problems in the CKP sensor that is cutting the coil signal, or a problem in the air iadmission system, these problems we need to rule them out and the best way to do it is with an appropriate diagnostic equipment.

is it ok dear customer? should i explain something better?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
By controller, I'm assuming you are talking about the ECU?

Yes, i am dear customer. S
orry for my delay.