sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My 207 hdi won't start... It's in safe mode.. Assistant:

Customer Question

My 207 hdi won't start... It's in safe mode..
Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: I had the battery disconnected as I was not using the car for a long time When I reconnected the battery it wouldn't start
Assistant: What year is your 207?
Customer: 2006 1.6 hdi
Assistant: Are you fixing your 207 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Actually I had the catalytic conveyer removed about 2years ago.. Peugeot said it needed replacement and also the oxygen filter.. Cost was too much and I wasn't advised to decat the car
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: But since then it goes into limp mode so I stopped driving it..
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.
Dear customer, i would like to know if when you try to turn on the engine, the indicator, lights and stereo works as usual?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi.. Yes all the electronics work.. Including the aircon

Hello Dear customer.

Dear customer, If all works well like the A/C, indicators, lights, stereo etc. And in addition the battery have been checked. Now, we have to dismiss is a problem with the immobilizer. Let me explain you a bit how it works.
The electronic immobilizer protect your car through a chip programmed with a electronic code integrated to the key. It is compound of a unique code invariant and a second code that the immobilizer change each time the engine start on.
When you start on the car, the immobilizer verify first the personal (unique) code and then the variant code. If both are correct, the immobilizer send an encrypted electronic signal to the DME ( Digital Motor Electronic) to unlock the engine. Without these signal, you cannot turn on the engine, even if you do a by-pass or short you cannot turn on the engine.

When the battery is disconnect for several days, the inmobillizer tends to get deprogrammed and the immobilizer is not changing the code at the moment you try to turn on the engine. These is a very common problem with Peugeot and it is the main cause of your starting on problem. The better way to dismiss these and other aspects that might be presenting as a problem in the starting system is with a Peugeot scanner tool or one with this software. With the scanner you can reprogram the immobilizer and the starting system and check the error codes that your car could have at the moment delete them.
Doing this will sort out your problem.

Dear Customer, Is your inquire clear or is there anything else i could do for you?
My goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. because in that way you help me grow in the platform and if you wish you can let a comment for the service.
Thank you, ***** *****

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 5 months ago.

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok. how have your problem evolved? is there anything else i could help you? thanks.
I also would like to remind you to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform.
Thank you very much,

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok. did you sort out your problem? Is there anything else i could help you?I would like to remind you to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform. Thank you very much,