sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

The message depollution System Faulty message has come on.

Customer Question

The message depollution System Faulty message has come on. The car will start but not drive - it stalls. 308SW diesel 1.6 86,000 miles 2009
Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: Car left in street last night, not sure about engine check light, stalled when attempted to drive.
Assistant: What is the model of your '86 Peugeot?
Customer: 308 XR SW HDI 1.6 2009 just purchased
Assistant: Are you fixing your 308 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have had the car picked up by the dealer
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's fine
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to greet you, I understand from your query that at the moment when the vehicle turned on the indicator the vehicle started to suddenly turn off, from my position it is complicated to diagnose this type of faults, because there are multiple factors that may be affecting your car, I will recommend that you first start with a computerized diagnosis to verify the error codes that you present in the vehicle, according to this, start with the solution of your problem, as your vehicle has almost 10 years of use, it is normal that you may be having problems with the anti-pollution system or DPF, which is not regenerating correctly, causing the vehicle to enter into limp mode and require to be treated by this area, in addition, you may have problems in the fuel injection system or in the air admission system, as you will understand, there are various factors that may be happening in your vehicle, which leads me to indicate you to begin with a good computerized diagnosis to rule out from the beginning several problems in your vehicle. Have you understood me dear client?