350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
12772297

I have a 2007 ,Peugeot 207cc 1.600 petrol engine manual I

Hi I have a 2007 ,Peugeot 207cc
1.600 petrol engine manual I have been to get a new vacuum pump and it appears to be different in the position of the pipe outlet on the pump to connect to the vacuum pipe to go to the servo, the old one points down and the new one points up , the problem I have is for the semi rigid servo pipe to go on it’s not due to the position of the outlet connection on the vac pump , I purchased it from Euro parts and they told me I would have to go to the main dealer , so off I went only to be told that’s the one for my car ,
Now looking in a workshop Manuel it shows the one I have purchased with the connection pointing up , my question is should I just try to now get a new servo pipe that fits or has mine got to be the same as the old oneThanks ken
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This would then mean ordering a new servo pipe also ?

Hello Ken and welcome to Just Answer

there were a few variations of the pipe so providing you can get something that fits your car and pump then I wouldn't worry about if the pipe travels up or down

what is perfectly acceptable though is a good used pipe as its hardly a part that wears out, providing you can get one that's not over heated or cracked

so I'd suggest contacting a Peugeot specialist breakers like

https://www.robinsandday.co.uk/parts-west-midlands

or

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/peugeotbreakersuk

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will go and get the same one again and try this morning I think the mechanic that looked at it wasn’t much use

understood

just get back to me on here

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just as you said it’s fitted and working fine now thanks