sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2010 308 cc. I have had it since March last year.

Customer Question

i have a 2010 308 cc. I have had it since March last year. It has always used a lot of oil- i have had the car serviced regularly. The oil light came on again on the way home on Thursday and the engine was noisy. I topped up the oil on friday morning but the car would not start and in trying to start was making a lot of noise. This noise appeared to emanate from the part of the engine that you pour the oil into. I removed the cap and shone a torch into this area and there seems to be a piece of metal loose
Any idea what this might be and how to fix it?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.

Dear customer, I understand your query. The first thing I recommend you is to not use the vehicle anymore or turn it on until it will be verified by a technician. If you noticed a loose part it is very likely that it is one of the valve rocker arms or some other piece, The important thing is that if that piece of metal gets to block the way of a valve, the engine stalls causing major damage and therefore costly repairs, the first thing to do is uncover the valve cover that is the first layer that has the engine on the top with this we will have visual access to the place where you are trying to visually check more broadly, and once this is done we will check, if the engine has any considerable damage or if it is simply a part of some valve or if the camshaft is loose and only requires an adjustment

Also, if the oil pressure light on the dashboard came on, it is necessary to check how the oil pump is sending it and whether it is generating enough pressure to lubricate all the parts necessary for the proper functioning of the vehicle.

Do you understand me dear customer?

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok.
Did you solve your problem?
Is there anything else i could help you?
I also would like to remind you to rate my service by selecting from the 3,4 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform.
Thank you very much.
​Regards, Sebastian