Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

Peugeot 406 hdi diesel t reg...overheating...no water loss

Customer Question

Peugeot 406 hdi diesel t reg...overheating...no water loss ..no sludge in oil...switched engine off when stop message.Car starts but has clacking sound arising from drivers side of engine bay.WATER PUMP bearings?...can see no evidence of water flow in fill cap
Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: yes...can see no leakages
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: 2 litre hdi...t reg...1998?
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: only performed above checks in case of head gasket blown...worried car will not reach garage and do not wish to purchase parts until diagnosed
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 4 months ago.
Hello, I'm Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, it's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay. I was absent but I am back and want to help.
Dear customer, can you tell me the mileage and if you have checked the thermostat?Thanks in advance.