sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Emobliser will not alow car start

Customer Question

emobliser will not alow car start
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, I understand l. I want to explain you, the first thing I notice is that you present an important symptom of a deconfiguration in the system of recognition of the key and immobilizer, let me explain how your immobilizer system work

The electronic immobilizer protects your vehicle by means of an electronic code integrated in the key. This is composed of an invariable personal code and a second code that the immobilizer modifies each time the engine is started.

When starting the vehicle, the immobilizer checks the personal code and the variable. If both codes are correct, the immobilizer sends a new coded signal to the engine control to unlock the engine. Without this signal, the engine can not be started, even by a short circuit.

If you have a problem in the key or in the immobilizer, your vehicle does not turn on, this happens a lot when we perform works in the vehicle, it may have unintentionally done something to the battery that made the vehicle think that you were trying to turned on without its respective key for example.

In your case, the immobilizer can not verify the codes, this may be due to different factors, such as the key has been deprogrammed with the immobilizer, or that you have no access to the vehicle, therefore the immobilizer inhibits the ignition, this type of problems is quite common so you do not necessarily have to go to the dealership to solve it, although it would be the most prudent and correct thing to do, There are alternative companies that can help you with your case, reprogramming the key fob, key and the immobilizer, and verify if any of the modules present damages.
Also before you reprogram the immobilizer if it does not work, you should check if there is not a short or some sensor is defective as the CKP sensor for example.

Have you understood me dear customer?