Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Ive just got a 308 cc 59 plate and rear side lights come on

Customer Question

hi ive just got a 308 cc 59 plate and rear side lights come on the go off and stay off any help please
Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: rear led tail lights brake indicator and side lights
Assistant: Are you fixing your 308 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i try all connections and fuses
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just how to try and fix thanks
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 2 months ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

This issue here can be due to a short in wiring leading to the lights. If you have not traced the wiring from the light assemblies this should be done to see if any wiring is found to be at fault. If a wiring issue is found it will need to be repaired.

If no wiring is found to be at fault then you need to have the control circuits tested. This can be a lamp control unit or body control ECU shorting out internally. I would start with having the fault codes read out of all computers in your vehicle using a fully compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers to see what codes are set. This will help to locate and repair this fault here.

I do suspect a control unit/ecu like a lamp control unit or body ecu at fault or shorted wiring.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete