Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a 2013 boxer van which I converted into a catering

Customer Question

I have a 2013 boxer van which I converted into a catering van but for some reason the side loading door won’t open all the other doors open ok .
Assistant: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes it’s been working fine
Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Peugeot?
Customer: Peugeot boxer professional that’s what’s on the back door.
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I’ve tried the key Phob it’s opening all the other doors but not that one and there’s no lock on it to do it manually.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Peugeot
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

This is usually due to an internal mechanical fault with that doors latch itself. The latch can fail internally mechanically causing this issue here with it needing to be replaced. Unfortunately when it is stuck shut like this then usually a locksmith has to come out and use their tools to open the door or the interior paneling has to be removed to then access the latch to try and manually open it to then replace it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete