Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My partner’s electrics suddenly cut off and the engine died.

My partner’s electrics suddenly cut off and the engine died. Would you possibly know what caused it as it has been in the garage for a week and they don’t know what’s wrong with it
Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 98,000 and diesel manual 10 years old
Assistant: Are you fixing your 98 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It’s been in the garage for a week but they don’t know what’s wrong and said a electrical auto electrician would have to deal with it but they charge what they want
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: A light fitting in the back was accidentally pulled off when trying to change the bulb in the defused but that’s all
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll wait

Hi..there..

If All electrics/engine died at the same time..then obviously the first port of call in any given situation like this is to check the entire battery supply / charging system and wiring and earth points..these need to be checked for excess corrosion or any tell tail signs of corrosion aorund those terminals..next would be an inspection of the ignition feed, supply circuit leading to the main fuse box and any/all fuses within there that may have blown or signs of excess heat or burnt terminals..etc..any good garage should have access to technical data to get an idea where the fault could be..and ,locations of said above..It would be pretty hard to guage exactly the reason behind the problem without ruling out the above..if your garage has to take a week to check this or have no idea..then id suggest you seek out someone who has the ability and technical data,wiring diagrams to solve the issue..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks I think I'll do that as I'm fed up waiting now.

Great hope you get it sorted out..in the meantime if you could leave a rating for me it would much appreciated

Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK