sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2007 307 The sunroof will not open. It was working

Customer Question

I have a 2007 307 The sunroof will not open. It was working fine but then the switch fell apart. A garage has fitted a new switch but it still wont open. The fuse is shared with front windows and they open. There is a beeping sound when I operate the switch.
Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes.
Assistant: Are you fixing your 307 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing as yet. A mechanic has fitted a new switch.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Cant think of anything that could have caused it
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.
Dear customer, i would like to help you. Do you still need help? if so, have the wires, mechanism motor, and route of the roof been checked?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No not yet. I was hoping it might be something to do with a reset. The mechanic fitted a new switch. Nothing else has been checked. There is a beep when the switch is operated

This fault could be cause for several reasons as i am not with the vehicle i will try to tell you what factors you should check but this is a common problem with 307..
One of the wires of the roof gets split or is pressed due the bend of the roof

You can repair the wire were is split or broken with a welding and heat shrink tape and change the route of the wire to avoid the problem in the future.
This is generally the reason of your problem and the solution.
To access the area of the wires and see them, you must remove the carpet, the wheel, the fixings for the network and the screws that are seen in the upper part.
If you see affected cables, with marks, or crushed better than you move them a little. Fasten them with bridles but leave them free so they do not force themselves with the movement of the roof.

We also should check all the components of the mechanicsm (hydrulic, level of the hydraulic oil and sensors) and with an automotive scanner with the peugeot software check the sensors, sometimes it give the read that one of the sensors is always open (The left or right locked ceiling connector) deleting the code and checking the sensor sorted out the problem.

have you understood dear customer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am now having to go away for the week so will resume the convewrsation then. Thanks for the comments so far

You are welcome dear customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 3,4,5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. Even after you rate we can keep in touch to further queries.
Have a good travel.

Best Regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The previous owner has just informed me that the pull out blind in the boot has to be located so I’m sure that will rectify. As I said I was sure it was something stupid