sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My daughter has a 2015 Peugeot 308 Allure estate and is

Customer Question

My daughter has a 2015 Peugeot 308 Allure estate and is disabled and gets problems with her balance and finds the boot heavy to open I was wondering if there is a kit available to assist her with this, as we have seen on some cars.
Assistant: Are you fixing your 307 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No , have not tried anything as yet we are just seeing what options are available
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will wait, thank you
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.
Dear customer, do you want to see if there are any kind of hydrulics system or something that will help your daughter with the boot, right?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
as the boot lid is quite heavy and due to her balance problems she has a job to lift it to get her walking frame in and out.
Any info would be appreciated

Dear customer there are certain mechanics tools that you could adapt to your daughter's car to make her access to the boot the easiest possible.
As an adapt of hydrulic arm with higher capacity than the originals as this that i will share with you:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bennett-Boat-Leveler-to-Bennett-Actuator-Conversion-Kit-Hydraulic-to-Hydraulic-V/202388990791?epid=1334335667&hash=item2f1f52eb47:g:UP8AAOSwKwpa~enC

There are also a kit known as a Electric tailgate lift Power Boot Power Tailgate lift which may be the better one to your daughter but i could not find the kit on the internet.

Furthemore there are also some garages specialist in car's modifications that will be able to make the job aven the peugeot dealerships are capable to adivese you on which tool may be better to install and do the job by themselves.

on the other hand the is fodac, they are specialist in this kind of modifications and if you contact them they will advise you and even make the job to the car.

I hope this information and contacts to be helpful to you to make the modification to improve your daughter's car.
is there anything else i could help you dear customer?