sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Any ideas what could be causing this, peugeot 307 2.0hdi

Customer Question

any ideas what could be causing this, peugeot 307 2.0hdi fault codes c1336 c1321 c1387 c1327
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: c1336 c1321 c1387 c1327
Assistant: What year is your 307?
Customer: 2002
Assistant: Are you fixing your 307 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, not satarted
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, it's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.
Dear customer do you still need help? if so, can you tell me please what kind of scanner did you use?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My local garage used the peugeot planet software, he gave me the code meanings, C1336 Wheel speed signal rear right, C1321 Wheel speed signal front left, C1387 Vehicle speed sensor circuit (he didn't write down which side), C1327 Wheel speed sensor circuit left rear. Basically all wheel speed sensors have failed which to me looks like an electrical problem elsewhere, any ideas?

Dear customer, your Peugeot does not turn on? Could you explain what happens when trying to turn it on? For example, the engine turns but does not start, or the engine does not even turn? Or doesd the lights turns on on the board? Could you tell me how this happened?
Also tell me the mileage and the last maintenance you have done?
i want to know this to link the error codes, thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The car starts and drives, no recent work done, this is a ABS problem. The ABS light is on constantly, once the car reaches approximately 30mph the handbrake warning light comes on and about 10 seconds later the speedo fails. Mileage on car 164k

Dear customer, this failure that you present seems to be a typical failure of modules or deprogramming of the computer in your vehicle.

Let me explain, the ABS module works with a module that controls the entire electrical and sensory system known as the ECM (electric control module) This ECM is responsible for controlling the different modules such as the airbag, the ABS, the stability, among others.

what you should do is first check if the ABS module is working well which I think is the problem here, considered that the problem is in the ABS module because it is turning on different indicators or rather different codes which refer to many simultaneous failures which is very unlikely not to say impossible that all the sensors have been damaged immediately, effectively a fault in the ABS system can generate problems in the speed sensor which causes loss of speeds.
Have you understood dear customer?