Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

I have acquired a 102 and love it! Excepr Assistant: What is

Customer Question

I have acquired a 102 and love it! Excepr
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: I HAVE just acquired a(###) ###-####and l love it. BUT I hate the pathetic fuel gauge and I have had a run out of petrol. Lucky it was near a garage. At the age of 75 I do not appreciate this. I have a very pretty 2.5in dial sitting in the dashboard with 4 termninals , namely earth, neg, pos and light which I fitted yesterday. Please how do I wire it up. Thanks.
Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: yes
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I DON'T THINK SO. AND I Hve run out of ideas
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, it's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.
Dear customer, do you need the wiring diagram to install the dial right?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but Haynes is a bit vague. I havw found under the rear seat 4 wires leading it seems direcrly intoth tank. Whatneeds t be joined towhat
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry Sebastion but my phone is faulty so no can phone so old fashioned English is the order of the day
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorrynit appears I hav e got your name wrong
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I await an email responce

Sorry dear customer, i have some techniacl problems so i will proceed to opt uot of your question and another expert here will help you.
My apologies.
All the best, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks a lot.
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 1 month ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will be happy waiting it is not as a vor.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
come on . surely you can do better. I detedt buck passing. I want to replace the stupid fuel gauge and put in a beter one. I nearly smashec the car by taking too long in seeing how much fuel left.There are 4 wiresgoing into the tank.two pairs i think. one pair slighly thicker wear`ing purple the other in whiteish and thiiner. The gauge has 3orminals and all i wanna know is how to connect. CHRIS edge