experteer
experteer,
77184159

I'm thinking of buying a used 308cc and the salesman has

I'm thinking of buying a used 308cc and the salesman has said the engine needs attention. He said it is misfiring and would need a second hand engine. Is there any way of sorting the engine without replacing it?
JA: How many miles are on the Peugeot? Is it a steady misfire? Or random?
Customer: 71000 and not sure whether random or steady
JA: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: 2010 Allure
JA: Are you fixing your Allure yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not bought it yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: What would the cost be for replacing an engine, including ancillaries and where would the mechanic recommend buying one from?

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

What engine are buildt in this 308cc?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
1.6

Diesel or Gasoline?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201907059768706?price-to=7500&model=308%20CC&postcode=m308ed&aggregatedTrim=Allure&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&year-to=2010&sort=relevance&advertising-location=at_cars&make=PEUGEOT&radius=1500&page=1
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can you see the link?

Yes, one moment please.

ok, is the VTI engine (gasoline).

With this engine you cannot avoid a replacement engine. These engines often have problems with coked intake manifolds. This has the consequence that the engine is damaged in the long run.

I as a specialist would not buy a vehicle with these problems and advise also everyone against it.

Especially since it is a dealer who sells the vehicle and not a private person. Why should the dealer sell a vehicle at a cheap price if he could have 5 x in the repaired condition?

Quite simply, the repair is not worthwhile and exceeds the value of the vehicle. With a new engine you would be around GBP 6-7k. If you have a used engine in good condition, you will have to reckon with half the cost, but you risk having the same problem again.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

You´re welcome