Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

My 407 SW central locking is not operating the boot/hatch, I

My 407 SW central locking is not operating the boot/hatch, I can open the glass section but the lower section does not open with the button
JA: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: 2010 407 SW
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, checked all fuses as listed in manual, all ok. Considered the swith in the tailgate, manual, and dismantled and tried without the plastic handle, no success. I do not have any electrical testing equipment to check if cicuits are complete.
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The fault started with one instance of the hatch not opening, gave it a few bump tries and open shutting using key fob and it opened, nowit does not operate.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I help you with this ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how can I identify fault

Just to confirm it will not open via key fob or hatch button ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No

Actuator has failed then can be a nasty job to do sometimes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What actuator, the one in the bottom of the hatch that closes over the stricken plate? Or the little micro switch located at the handle. In either case do they need to be calibrated to the car

No how you describe it it will be part of the lock that latches to the striker plate.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I kind of guessed that’s where I would start, does this have to be calibrated to the vehicle system by Peugeot I guess it is only mechanical and won’t need to be.

It will be plug and play but don't get a used one they were not very good when new.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank, it has given me a direction

If you need me just get back to me and if you get time feel free to rate me regards Gavin.