Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

Car wont start or turn over, had misfire esp and eml light

Customer Question

car wont start or turn over, had misfire esp and eml light on, check with diag machine came up with injector no1 fault, left till next day has it it raining everly, car will now not turn over of start, orange triangle with exclamation mark, also economy mode active message,
JA: Has the light been on for some time?
Customer: sorry car is a peugeot 3008 2012 done 21k 1.6 hdi auto, it had no4 injector replaced 6 months ago. light only came on last thursday
JA: What is the model of your '12 Peugeot?
Customer: 3008 1.6 hdi auto
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: remove battery and charged and checked all fuses
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i I removed the shunt fuse while battery was disconeccted
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, in additiom with the indicators you have, do you have mechanical failures?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it had a misfire eml on and esp, checked for dtc's came up with injector one failure, it had an injector renew six month ago, genuine by a garage.
on the day of misfire it was raing heavy so I abandoned and checked next day, I went to move car but this message appeared on screen, which I believe is a non known fault with no specific light or fault code