sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Is it an easy job to change the telephone microphone on a

Customer Question

HI is it an easy job to change the telephone microphone on a 2016 108?
JA: What is the model of your '16 Peugeot?
Customer: 108 allure
JA: Are you fixing your Allure yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing the mic for the bluetooth isn't working , it is my daughters first car she is gutted it isn't working
JA: Does your device require a code?
Customer: no we can hear the person on the other end of the phone
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no not really
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 3 months ago.

mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, could you tell me please if you have done anything so far?
This job is an easy job but have to be done by a technician with experience on it. With the dealership or better with a car audio or electronic garage.
But first, please reset and repair the phone to see if it stall working and check the bluetooh volume on the cellphone as well.

Have you understood me dear customer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Could it be that the head unit is an updated if so how do I go about updating it

Yes dear customer, a software upgrade can be the problem as well, as it is common that when an upgrade is needed by the head unit some lacks with the setting tend to happen.
Now, to perform the upgraded you can perform buy the newest version in a SD card or or buy it in internet and download it.
But i always recommend to go to a car audio and electronics garage as they are used to perform this upgrades and can do it with warranty and for a better price.
In the dealership, they can perform the upgraded as well.